Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sarah's Lean Mean Egg Sandwich.....



The key for me is to find easy, quick, filling and yummy choices to get me through my day.  Between the byrdies and the household I have very little time to food prep and cook for myself.  This is my new favorite thing to eat.  It's super quick and filling and it only has 225 calories! The best part is it takes only 5 min. to put together.

Sarah's Lean Mean Egg Sandwich

Ingredients

1 whole wheat sandwich thin ( I use orowheat multigrain with flax seed)
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute ( like eggbeaters)
1 tablespoon of feta cheese crumbles
2 tablespoons of brushetta ( I love trader joes brand)
1 cup of baby spinach leaves

Directions

Pour liquad egg substatute into a microwave safe mug.  Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.  This will cook the egg and make it into a convienant patty like shape.

Toast the sandwich thins in toaster.  Spread one tablespoon of brushetta on each sandwich thin slices.  arrange spinach leaves on one of the sandwich thins.  Carefully scoop egg out of mug and set on top of spinach.  Sprinkle Feta crumbles on top of egg and top with remaining sandwich thin. 

I eat this with a peace of fruit for a filling and healthy lunch ( would be great for breakfast too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment