Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Citrus Marinated Pork Chops.....



I don't cook pork chops too often.  I'm not sure exactly why... my family loves them.  I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was around 20 before I actually tried a pork chop for the first time.  I personally am not a fan of breaded pork chops... in fact I like them when they are thin cut and have a light but flavorful seasoning.  Tonight I made a Citrus Marinade and let the pork chops soak in it for over 4 hours.  They were light and flavorful and the perfect pairing for the Mac and Cheese and salad that was also served. 

Citrus Marinated Pork Chops

Ingredients

4 boneless pork chops
1/2 cup of orange juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/4 teaspoon of coarse black pepper

Directions

Place pork chops in a self sealing plastic bag.  Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chops.  Seal bag and refrigerate for 4 - 24 hours.  Remove chops from marinade discard marinade.  Place chops on broiler pan and broil on high for 12 to 15 minutes turning once half way through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment